Under direct supervision, assists in preparing specifications and user requirements. Encodes, tests, debugs, and documents programs for relatively straightforward or small projects. May assist more senior developers on more complex projects.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Designs and writes basic computer programs
- Monitors performance of programs after implementation
- Analyzes, develops and maintains computer applications, procedures and other systems that satisfy the needs of the user departments.
- Analyzes and develops necessary design work, including testing and documentation. Reviews, evaluates and implements requests from user departments.
- Analyzes problems, determines cause and initiates corrective action.
- Coordinates and installs new software applications with user departments.
- Stays current with technology through seminars, educational opportunities, trade magazines etc.
- Maintain a working knowledge of currently used software as well as continue learning new applications
- Demonstrates knowledge of and supports company wide, vision, value statements, standards, policies and procedures, operating instructions, confidentiality standards, and the code of ethical behavior.
Bachelor’s Degree or Associates Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology and 3+ years related experience
5 years web or desktop database application programming experience or equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None.
EQUIPMENT TO BE USED: Must be able to operate standard office equipment and vehicle, and have a valid driver’s license
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Requires the ability to sit for long periods of time, occasional stooping and reaching. May be required to lift up to 50 pounds. Requires normal range of vision and hearing
WORKING CONDITIONS: Responsibilities will dictate workload and schedule and will require some overtime and odd schedule to ensure deadlines are met. Work environment is a typical office setting.